High-output NC (NEMA 4X) Series UVC fixtures feature an externally mounted design and weather-resistant design that makes them ideal for outdoor HVAC units. These fixtures are installed on the exterior of rooftop A/C units or ductwork and enable easy access to difficult to reach outdoor locations. They are available in one-lamp and two-lamp configurations and can be installed vertically or horizontally. Only the lamp(s) and input power wiring penetrate the HVAC unit, while ballast and lamp harness remain external (housed inside the NEMA 4X enclosure). They contain high-output “green” lamps (≤ 8 mg of mercury; 2-year guarantee), and a five year ballast (non-prorated 5-year warranty) in a NEMA 4X housing specifically engineered for rooftop units and other AC systems mounted outdoors. The NC Series delivers the best and longest-lasting UVC performance available. It has been independently tested to deliver greater output (produces 11.7 µW/cm2 per linear inch of lamp arc length at 1 meter) than any other ultraviolet device under HVAC operating conditions (45 degrees F at 400 fpm air velocity), and the increased output of American Ultraviolet lamps provide the most reliable performance and longest service life. American Ultraviolet NC (NEMA 4X) Series lamps are high-output (800mA), T5 diameter, and constructed of hard glass tubing for superior UV transmittance. They come in lengths of 14, 16, 24, 33 and 45 inches to meet different size requirements. The lamps produce no ozone and retain, at a minimum, 80% of their initial output after 2 years (17,000 hours). Fixtures are available with four voltage options (115/208/230/277 VAC, 50/60 Hz, single phase).
• High Output UVC lamps produce 2 watts per inch of bulb length. (ie: 16 inch bulbs produce 32 watts, 20 inch bulbs produce 40 watts, etc.)
• High-output, “green” lamps contain ≤ 8 mg of mercury
• Two–year (17,000 hours) guarantee on lamps with only 20% decrease in output over the two years
• Five-year non-prorated warranty on the ballast
• Reduces HVAC energy costs by restoring heat transfer and net cooling capacity
• Continuously cleans coils and drain pans, eliminating costly cleaning programs and the use of harmful chemicals and disinfectants
• Produces no ozone or other secondary contaminates
• Quick and easy installation
**What about Watts? Most UVC lamp sellers focus on wattage. They propagate the thinking that the higher the lamp wattage, the more powerful the effects of the unit. However, the lamp wattage stats show how much power the lamp uses. What is much more important is the lamp OUTPUT or intensity, which is measured in units of microwatts per square centimeter. Our lamps are rated to produce 11.7 microwatts/cm2 per linear inch of lamp arc length at a distance of one meter. This output has been independently tested in airstreams of 400 feet per minute velocities at temperatures of 45 degrees F (replicating the real life conditions inside an air handler). So, keep in mind that UVC light is about time and intensity, not just energy usage in watts.
Replacement bulbs available HERE
Replace bulbs every 2 years