The High Output PEK Series UVC fixtures are designed specifically for fan coils, Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTAC), classroom unit ventilators, packaged split systems and other similar room unit systems.
PEK Series fixtures feature lamps that illuminate cooling units with high-output (800mA) UVC energy.
PEK Series Fixtures package American Ultraviolet’s high-output “green” lamps (≤ 8 mg of mercury; 2-year guarantee) with five-year ballasts (non-prorated 5-year warranty) into a convenient kit that delivers the best and longest-lasting UVC performance available. Independent tests show American Ultraviolet fixtures deliver greater output than any other ultraviolet devices under HVAC operating conditions (45 degrees F at 400 fpm air velocity), and the increased output of our lamps provide the most reliable performance and longest service life. Each PEK Series kit contains one “green” UVC Lamp, one 5-year ballast, and all necessary hardware components to retrofit the room unit with UVC, including wire, holding clips, mounting screws and wire ties - the space-saving, snap-in design fits all major brands. The Cell lamps come in lengths of 14, 16, 20, 24, 36, 48 and 60 inches to meet different size requirement.
• High Output UVC lamps produce 2 watts per inch of bulb length. (ie: 16 inch bulbs produce 32 watts, 20 inch bulbs produce 40 watts, etc.)
• High-output, “green” lamps contain ≤ 8 mg of mercury • Two–year (17,000 hours) guarantee on lamps with only 20% decrease in output over the two years
• Five-year non-prorated warranty on the ballast
• Water tight connections for lamp and wiring
• Reduces HVAC energy costs by restoring heat transfer and net cooling capacity
• Continuously cleans coils and drain pans, eliminating costly cleaning programs and the use of harmful chemicals and disinfectants
• Produces no ozone or other secondary contaminates
• Quick and easy snap-in installation
**What about Watts? Most UVC lamp sellers focus on wattage. They propagate the thinking that the higher the lamp wattage, the more powerful the effects of the unit. However, the lamp wattage stats show how much power the lamp uses. What is much more important is the lamp OUTPUT or intensity, which is measured in units of microwatts per square centimeter. Our lamps are rated to produce 11.7 microwatts/cm2 per linear inch of lamp arc length at a distance of one meter. This output has been independently tested in airstreams of 400 feet per minute velocities at temperatures of 45 degrees F (replicating the real life conditions inside an air handler). So, keep in mind that UVC light is about time and intensity, not just energy usage in watts.
Replacement bulbs available HERE
Replace bulbs every 2 years