This unit uses 2 UVC bulbs to treat the air inside your ductwork. Our DC Series fixtures irradiate the air as it passes by the fixture. These units can be mounted in various configurations for optimum pass-by air treatment and/or to irradiate cooling coils and drain pans. Lamps and electronics can be accessed from outside the duct or plenum. “Green” lamps (contain ≤8mg of mercury) extend inside to span supply ducts and/or cooling coils. These fixtures are used in medium to large air handling systems in commercial, industrial, health care and institutional buildings. They may be mounted singly; in built-up banks; or in parallel configurations in a variety of locations, including coils, drain pans, ductwork, mixed air plenums and exhaust systems. The DC Series is available in five insertion depths (14”, 16”, 24”, 33”, and 45”) and four voltage options (115, 208, 230 or 277 VAC), providing installation flexibility to accommodate virtually any system. DC Series Fixtures are designed for easy access lamp changes that do not require you to un-mount housing from ducting - simply remove the rear access panel, slide over the lamp retaining clips and remove the lamps. All electronic components are housed outside the ducting, including lamp power connection, which eliminates moisture contamination. Lamps are rated for two-year continuous operational life with approximately 20% drop in UVC output at end of lamp life.
• High Output UVC lamps produce 2 watts per inch of bulb length. (ie: 16 inch bulbs produce 32 watts, 20 inch bulbs produce 40 watts, etc.)
• “Green” lamps contain ≤8mg of mercury
• Two-year (17,000 hours) guarantee on lamps with only 20% decrease in output over the two years
• Five-year, non-prorated warranty on the ballast
• Continuously cleans coils, drain pans, plenums and ducts, eliminating costly cleaning programs and the use of harmful chemicals and disinfectants
• Reduces HVAC energy costs by restoring heat transfer and net cooling capacity
• Produces no ozone or other secondary contaminants
**What about Watts? Most UVC lamp sellers focus on wattage. They propagate the thinking that the higher the lamp wattage, the more powerful the effects of the unit. However, the lamp wattage stats show how much power the lamp uses. What is much more important is the lamp OUTPUT or intensity, which is measured in units of microwatts per square centimeter. Our lamps are rated to produce 11.7 microwatts/cm2 per linear inch of lamp arc length at a distance of one meter. This output has been independently tested in airstreams of 400 feet per minute velocities at temperatures of 45 degrees F (replicating the real life conditions inside an air handler). So, keep in mind that UVC light is about time and intensity, not just energy usage in watts.
Replacement bulbs available HERE
Replace bulbs every 2 years