High-output CC Series HVAC UV light fixtures are designed specifically as HVAC air cleaner systems. They can be mounted in various configurations or rack assemblies for optimum pass-by UV air sterilization and/or to irradiate cooling coils and drain pans (see illustration). These individual HVAC UV air purifirers can be mounted to plenum walls, or multiple fixtures can mount to frame assemblies that span supply ducts or cooling coils.
CC Series fixtures are designed for “moisture-proof” applications with UVC lamps that incorporate a built-in outer quartz sleeve with protective boot on the power end for sealing purposes. Power is brought to the lamp through a waterproof connector that is securely sealed to the lamp with coated lead wires. Lamps are rated for two-year continuous operational life with approximately 20% drop in UVC output at end of lamp life. They may be mounted individually; in built-up banks; or in parallel rack-system configurations in a variety of locations, including coils, drain pans, ductwork, mixed air plenums and exhaust systems. The CC Series is available in five lengths (18", 24", 36", 48", and 60") and four voltage options (115, 208, 230 or 277 VAC), providing installation flexibility to accommodate virtually any system.
- High Output UVC lamps produce 2 watts per inch of bulb length. (ie: 16 inch bulbs produce 32 watts, 20 inch bulbs produce 40 watts, etc.) **SEE BELOW "What about Watts?"
- Improves Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) by reducing bacteria, viruses and mold that either grow or pass through the air handling systems
- Reduces the risk of cold, flu, allergies and other illnesses associated with air handling systems
- "Green"lamps contain ≤ 8mg of mercury
- Two-year guarantee on lamps with only 20% decrease in output over two years
- Five-year, non-prorated warranty on the ballast
- Continuously cleans coils, drain pans, plenums and ducts, eliminating costly cleaning programs and the use of harmful chemicals and disinfectants
- Reduces HVAC energy costs by restoring heat transfer and net cooling capacity
- Produces no ozone or other secondary contaminants
- Plug-in connections mean no field wiring required to connect fixture to fixture when building banks of rack systems (except for 277 Volt applications)
**What about Watts? Most UVC lamp sellers focus on wattage. They propagate the thinking that the higher the lamp wattage, the more powerful the germicidal effects of the unit. However, the lamp wattage stats show how much power the lamp uses. What is much more important is the lamp OUTPUT or intensity, which is measured in units of microwatts per square centimeter. Our lamps are rated to produce 11.7 microwatts/cm2 per linear inch of lamp arc length at a distance of one meter. This output has been independently tested in airstreams of 400 feet per minute velocities at temperatures of 45 degrees F (replicating the real life conditions inside an air handler). So, keep in mind that UVC light is about time and intensity, not just energy usage in watts.
Replacement bulbs available HERE
Replace bulbs every 2 years